Hunting for a new place is always a pain when it comes to making plans when your friends from other cities visit, so you need to live up to their expectations, so this weekend we landed up in Urban Foundry, this place is in Balewadi recently opened up but I must say doing really well due to unique ways of serving dishes and the ambiance.
Lot’s of competitive places besides like Apache – street high , Incognito , Arthur’s Theme, Playboy – Beer Garden and Tertullia. Balewadi High Street has become the new talk of the town as all the massive crowd pullers are coming to make their mark at that place.
So let’s start with the urban Foundry ride, so very refreshing and unique ambiance tried to make a Garage kind of place with huge inside and outside sitting. very unique and small things like the spoons and forks have been made into tools from the other ends. The way they serve food and drinks will make you happy. Reservation recommended on weekends.
- Potato Pops : Superb Potato pops they were lighter than air, any vegan would die to eat this dish when they can sip on the drinks in the other hand. Superb taste and loved the presentation. Pic attached.
- Thai Chicken salli Pe : A tandoored chicken dish served in a very unique way, the taste was amazing and chicken was cooked perfect, Loved the dish the quantity can be little more compared to the price but worth the taste.
- Mirchi Wali Murgi : More of a chilli chicken named different so camouflaged the dish this is classic chilly chicken but good one. Not very dry and strong spring onion flavor.
- Palak paneer Pizza : Ummmmm…..Well they can certainly have more or better variety of Pizzas as the pizza is thin crust so when you wat this pizza you feel like you are actually eating palak paneer and cheese with thin crispy roti..So they can definitely improve on the Pizza section
- Thai Prawns Curry : Loved the shiny rice and Thai flavours in the curry loved the prawns perfectly cooked and went very well with rice.
You can also dishes like Thecha kabab or few other innovations. This place is a perfect hangout for foodies and the chill time lovers. Prices little above average which can be hard on your heart and wallet.